Trying to keep up…Michael Spalti from Willamette University is presenting about Serials Solutions’ 360 Link API. I’m a little slow on the start, but a few notes:
- Willamette U is using Serials Solutions’ API for its 360 Link link resolver (not its federated search)
- Nobody else appears to be using the API–why not?
- Used PHP to retrieve Serials Solutions XML from remote server, parse locally
- Can be used to track usage stats (with a little workaround, adding rights information to each title)
- Initially created mashup of Serials Solutions data and local catalog information; over time, added local catalog info to the SS database and now it all pulls from SS
- See Daniel Talsky’s article in Code4Lib Journal about the API, Issue 4 2008-09 22
- Hope to see an API for the e-journal portal of SSolutions (2011?)